Ten Ways You Turn Into Your Opposite--Every Day Before You Leave Your House!
Here are 10 ways that you and your body become their opposites--before you even get out the door in the morning. (Of course, not everybody has the same routine, or even has a house to live in (!), but you get the idea.
1. TIME TO GET UP!
You go from asleep to awake
2. You go from in bed to out of bed
3. You go from unwashed to washed (plus some more opposites here):
You go from out of the shower to in the shower
The water goes from off to on to off
You go from unsoapy to soapy and then to rinsed
You go from wet to dry
4. Your bladder goes from full to empty
5. Your bowels go from full to empty
6. Your teeth go from unbrushed to brushed
7. Your hair goes from messy to combed
8. You go from undressed to dressed (lots of opposites here):
Your clothes go from off to on
Your shoes go from untied to tied
Your zippers go from unzipped to zipped
Your shirt goes from unbuttoned to buttoned
9. You go from hungry to fed (lots of opposites here too):
The refrigerator goes from closed to opened to closed
Your food goes from uncooked to cooked
Eggs go from soft to hard
Oatmeal goes from runny to ready
Your food goes from uneaten to eatened (even more opposites here):
Your food goes from out of your mouth to in your mouth
Your food goes from unchewed to chewed
Your food goes from unswallowed to swallowed
Your stomach goes from empty to full
Your milk goes from unpoured to poured/undrunk to drunk
Vitamins go from untaken to taken
10. Your coat goes from off to on; your door goes from closed to opened; and you go from in the house to out of the house!
So our bodies and the world around us are always changing into opposites. Remember that we, like everything else, have many opposing sides--at first one side is in control, but eventually the other side becomes stronger and--all at once--we go from asleep to awake, undressed to dressed, . . .
Return to Dialectics for Kids